What an amazing roller coaster ride this has been!
In 2003 we experimented with a tentative idea – Toon Club, the first in India to do animation workshops with kids.
Little did we know back then that we’ll come this far and bag 28 International awards in a span of 16 years. This year, we’ve bagged 6 International awards of those, 5 of which came to us in the last 2 months (Oct & Nov 2019)!
- ANIMAL ABUSE: Special Jury Award 2019, FICCI BAF, India
- MISSION FINE LINE: Honourable Mention Award 2019, Punto Y Raya (PyR Junior), Poland
- CHILDREN OF THE WORLD: Excellence Prize 2019, 1st Seoul International Public Service AD Festival, IPAF, Seoul
- CLEAN & GREEN: Special Mention Award 2019 (TASI’s Anifest India)
- OUT OF THE FRAME: Award Winner 2019 (Children’s Rights Festival, Lebanon)
- CLEAN & GREEN: 1st Prize in the School Students category 2019: Short Film Competition and Festival 2019 by MoEF&CC (Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Govt of India) and CMS VATAVARAN Festival, India
(list of all 28 awards here: https://toonclub.net/awards-won-by-films-created-by-toon-club-students/ )
Due to our connections with top film festivals and animation educators world over who work with children, recently we took on the mandate to curate a package of films created by children (7 to 18 years) for a festival in California: Children and Youth Film Festival for Bay Area South Asian Film Festival (BASAFF).
Our mission has always been to create something new each time! Those who know us and our methodology, are aware that we rarely repeat a topic taught to children. We are constantly exploring new styles and techniques. Here are some pathbreaking films that we created this year. These are films that we are extremely proud of. Hope you enjoy them too!
You Spin Me Round (Phonotrope) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTc4q8pemk
Something Fishy (Threadwork) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H98T5ef-nP0
Clean & Green (Phad Art style) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auwT6lBQvlk
The Line King (Direct on Film/Cameraless) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg0liYBeDng&t=56s
We thoroughly enjoyed the highs. We learnt from our lows and persevered. We are grateful for the myriad opportunities that came our way, the faith that parents, educators, schools, corporates and organisations have on us, and the freedom they give us to explore various techniques with our students. All this is the reason that we are able to guide our students towards excellence in creativity and animation filmmaking. Thank you!