* Indicates required field
Summer Cartoon Filmmaking Workshop
The Acclaimed Award-winning Hand-drawn 12 session Animation Program designed along International lines, delves into various topics ranging from-
-History & definition of Animation
-Persistence of Vision
-Optical Devices- Thaumatrope, Phenakistoscope, Zoetrope, Flip books etc.
-Principles of animation & Simple laws of Physics
-Two techniques of animation- Clay animation & Pixilation
-And finally creating a cartoon movie
Benefits for Students
Research shows that Animation appeals to multiple intelligences and a broad variety of learners. Creating a animation movie allows students to use their artistic and creative talents to communicate and tell a story.
- Creative Writing and Language skills are engaged while writing the script. Principles of storytelling, story structure, characters and settings help children express themselves and experiment.
- Mathematical, logical, and spatial skills are used in organizing the visual project, sequencing the frames, timing and spacing drawings.
- Science and Physics: Children apply the laws of the natural world to their animation. Persistence of vision, cameras /projection technology, laws of movement, velocity, gravity and metamorphosis are scientific principles that children are exposed to while understanding the principles of animation.
- Art and Creativity is encouraged when students draw and animate their stories applying aesthetic principles of design, composition, contrast and visual symbols.
- Motor skills: hand-eye coordination and the ability to repeat a drawing.
12 sessions (Mon-Fri)
May batch: 20th May – 4th June 2019 (11:30am-1pm)
June Batch: 10th June – 25th June 2019 (11:30am-1pm)
FEES: Rs 10700/- (inclusive of all animation material)